New California Construction Laws for 2023
The California Legislature introduced more than 4476 bills in 2021-2022 sessions, with 1726 coming in the second session, down from the 2750 in the first session. READ MORE
AB 2173 Signed Into Law - This Law makes 5% Retention Permanent
Legislative Update - July 12, 2022 AB 2173 and CSLB - How ASAC is working for your business! READ MORE
New Fork Lift Regulations
Since the last Discussion Draft was released for the February 22, 2022 Public Workgroup, staff has developed a new working version of the draft regulatory language. The following is a bulleted summary of the changes that have been made. READ MORE
Legislative Update -July 6, 2022 - ASAC Legislative Call to Action - Tell Governor Newsom to Sign the 5% Retention Cap Bill (AB2173) Today! READ MORE
ASAC Bill Status Report - July 5, 2022 - ASAC Changes Position to Neutral for AB 902 READ MORE
Courtesy Notice - Business Environmental Coalition READ MORE
- Advocacy – Keep up and have a voice on legislative initiatives and judicial precedent.
- Educational Opportunities - Legal Notices & Various Seminars/Webinars
- Networking Events – local chapter events near you!
- Business Discounts – Health Insurance, Workmans Comp and More!
- Model Docs - Contract Clauses, Negotiations, Short Forms, Bid Proposals, Project Insurance, Retainage, Contingent Payment, Reservation of Rights, Project Management and more!
- Government Advocacy - Washington, D.C. Legislators and other decision-makers hear your point-of-view on issues affecting business conditions for subcontractors.
- Benefit Service Discounts - The Blue Book, UPS, Verizon, Consensus Docs, Textura, HP, Project Doc Control and more!
- National Conference - join us for our annual event first class location, speakers and more!
- Business Trends and News - Contractors Compass and weekly emails.
ASA is the united voice dedicated to improving the business environment in the construction industry, representing subcontractors before all branches (executive, legislative, judicial) and levels (federal, state, local) of government, to organizations representing other parts of the construction industry, to the news media, and others.
Any person, firm or corporation that in the normal course of business furnishes subcontract labor and/or materials to the construction industry or provides a service to such subcontractors or material suppliers is eligible for regular membership in the association
ASA of California offer subcontractor-tailored events and education including Members-only educational resources ranging from model contract language to risk management and marketing tools. We also offer in-person and distance-learning educational events open to members and nonmembers for a fee.